How to get to China & Teach English: 101 guideJuly 23, 2019
Hello Shanghai!September 10, 2019
Are you a lip balm, lip oil or a lip treatment kinda girl? Below I highlight some of the ones that have helped keep my lips hydrated this winter.
- Burt’s Bees – I recently got gifted this lip balm in ‘Honey Miel’. If you’re someone who loves honey and soft lips, then this one is for you. It smells like a honey pot, and glides on smoothly, moisturizing your lips instantly. The best part? It’s 100% natural. Not for the vegans I’m afraid!
- Justine Tissue Oil Lip Therapy – This soft lip balm is smooth and leaves your lips feeling more than just comfortable. The mixture of waxes and oils have a very subtle smell but make for a great barrier against the harsh winter weather. Love the chic silver packaging.
- Eucerin Intensive Lip Balm – Eucerin is known for their soothing range of products suitable for all skin types without any scent/perfume at all. They never used the word intensive for nothing, because this stuff works! Recommended by a friend who also suffers from winter lips every now and then, this helps reduce redness around the lip area and soothe the dry, sore cracks.
- Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil – Not everyone wants to look like they’ve just eaten pork chops, but this oil based lippy is not greasy at all and creates a nice barrier on the skin. The smell is amazing (as expected from Clarins products) and this mini travel size is just the cutest! Would I buy a full size? No, but only because I prefer the next product.
- Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector – Although this product has a subtle tint to it, I prefer it to the Clarins Lip oil. It’s great for everyday use and keeps your lips looking plump and slightly rosy. The shade I have is 06 Rosewood. Again, the smell of this lip balm makes you want to eat it!
- Aya Balm – This all natural balm is a nice alternative to zambuc or a more medicated lip balm as it can be used as a multipurpose topical. It’s all natural, free from petrochemicals and is made from sun ripened papayas. Due to the papaya, it does make your lips go orange if you apply too much!
- Maybelline Baby Lips – This Minty Fresh lip balm has been a life saver when I dig into my handbag for a quick fix. The hydration doesn’t last long and needs to be re-applied on a regular basis. Won’t help with winter lips, but nice to have when your lips feel parched.
- Blistex Conditioning Lip Serum – I can honestly say I am not a huge fan of this product. I’ve tried it numerous times, but I just don’t enjoy the texture or the smell. It reminds me of those red medicated lollipops from the doctor. The texture is light, but doesn’t feel hydrating enough for me. The positive is the cute pump-action bottle. Your thoughts? I’d love to hear them!
Let me know what your favourite lip balm is for the cold Winter months!